Monday, May 23, 2011

Shazam 2011

Hey guys!
I am so sorry I haven't been posting regularly. I have so many bookmarked pages that I wanted to share with you guys but I've been putting it off. :/ I swear I will post them all as soon as I can! My goal is one post per day If I can!

Now for the real reason I am here, this month my CyberArts class worked again with Shazaam to create propaganda posters that would show our school in a more positive light.

For this project we were instructed to go around the school and take pictures of anything that we wanted the outside world to see. The main idea was to show the outside what the inside of our school looked like; we wanted to dismiss the stereotypes and negative opinions others had about our school. So from these images we thought of quotes corresponding with the images we took.

Here's my final poster!

You're probably wondering, "Why are the faces of the people blacked out? It looks horrible!". Well, theres a reason. haha. I used pictures of some of my classmates in this poster and since it was going online I didn't want to display their faces without permission on the internet.

My quote was "Bound by none, we are unified by choice". I wanted to show the outside world that we are not prisoners in our school. We are there because we want to be and because we are happy there. I thought this was a very powerful message.

Overall, I really liked my final product. I am very happy about the colour choices and the placement of my classmates as well as the perspective of the overall image.

I would love to hear your feedback! Do leave comments! :)

No comments: