Friday, April 16, 2010

Stop Motion Animation

Hello Again!
I was recently on our CyberArts main blog. While looking through some old posts I came across some stop motion animations my CyberArts class and I made at the NFB. Looking at these animations I thought, wow. That took us a long time to make these 10-15 second animations. So I went onto youtube and started looking at random stop motion animations. Some work short and some were long, but all of them were thoroughly entertaining!

One animation I really liked was about a wooden stick figure.

Do have a look!



This animation was about one minute long and was pretty simple. It was done on a white background. The animation was about a stick figure that wouldn't stay in the position that the maker wanted. So the maker (his hand) would come in frequently and try to position the stick figure and make him stay properly. But the stick figure would change it's position. It showed the stick maker getting angry and the stick figure eventually crawled away.

I thought this video was entertaining and funny. It made me laugh. Just the simplicity had a good impact on me because there weren't any thing to distract my eyes away from the main animation.

I hope you enjoyed it! :)

No comments: