Monday, June 21, 2010

Stunning Sari's and Sensational Suits



This week, my mother and I were looking through catalogues of different saris and suits. While going through these catalogues I couldn't believe how beautiful some of the saris were. There weren't just one style or material; there were so many. Within these long pieces of fabric, there were sequins and beads sewed as well as embroidery.

One thing I like about these sari's is that they are like pieces of artwork. All of them have different kinds of embroidery, they are all unique in their own way. I love all the different styles of sari's and suits they have.

I looked at many, many different sari's but I couldn't choose a favourite because there were a lot that popped out at me. But If I had to choose one or two it would be the silver and pink/redish one above and the pink/redish and blue one to the side. I really liked the way they were embroidered and I also love the style of them. The colours are bold too so they pop out nicely.

My favourite suit out of all of them would probably have to be the green and red below. I like it mostly because of the pants that go with it. I love how they are puffy/volumed. It's a really nice style apposed to the skinny legged suit bottoms they came out with last year. It's refreshing to see a whole new style coming out.

If you are interested in looking at different types of sari and dress styles; check out the Silk Museum Website.

No comments: