Saturday, March 5, 2011

Tangled Trailer Remix

Hello again!
I know I've been promising to put up my edited trailer for a while now so here you go!

For those of you who haven't read my past posts, for my first CyberArts tech. assignment we were required to take a movie/game trailer and change the mood of it by altering scenes, music and sound Fx! For my trailer, I chose to remix the trailer of a 2011 Disney feature called 'Tangled'.

Before I go on about my remixed trailer I would like to show you the original trailer. I actually used 3 different Tangled trailers for this assignment but I will show you one and give you the links for the two others. :)

The Original



You can see the other two trailers here and here. :)

Now here is my Remixed Trailer.



As you saw, the original movie trailer is a romantic comedy with adventure. It makes you feel happy and wants to make you laugh.

For my remixed trailer I decided to change it to make the viewer feel a range of emotions; happiness, suspense, drama and intensity. The original story was of a kingdom thief meeting an interesting and magical girl that had been 'grounded' in a tower [hidden] for about 18 years and how she is taking an adventure with him to find her freedom. My story however is about a kingdom thief who falls in love with a girl in a tower, they fall in love. But the girl betrays him and sends him to jail. Now, he is angry and hurt, he breaks out of jail and takes an adventure to find this girl and take revenge.

I had a lot of fun with this assignment. It was fun cutting and pasting scenes to create a whole new story. The hardest part of this assignment was finding the right music to fit the scenes; it was even harder for me because I had to choose three different songs with different moods. That, I found, was the most time consuming. Sound effects were pretty easy but transitioning them was tricky.

All in all, I like my end result. I really liked how my music really went with the scenes and movement as well as transition. If I had more time, I think I would have edited the voice overs a little more and made them sound better.

I hope you liked my edited trailer! :)

2 comments:

Ms. Johnson said...

Wonderful! Timing was excellent and you managed to very creatively change up the whole story.

Payal said...

Thank you so much! I actually had a lot of fun with this assignment!