Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Text Portrait - Photoshop Tutorial

Hey Guys!

Well, It's the middle of march break and I am completely bored! haha. It's basically one of those days where you end up spending all your time online because you don't have any plans for the day. Yup, its one of those days. Anyways, while I was sitting here bored, I realized that I am completely behind on my blog posts; oops :S.

So today, I have brought to you a tutorial I stumbled upon earlier this evening. This tutorial was written by Dave Cross in 2009 and I thought It was pretty interesting. Basically, he took a well contrasted picture and made it into a portrait made entirely of text through Photoshop CS4.



Cool right? I thought it was very interesting and being a Photoshop lover myself [haha], I decided that I wanted to make a portrait following this tutorial myself! So I took THIS picture of Hilary Duff which I found HERE and got going! Since this picture did not have the amount of contrast I required, I needed to use Photoshop to enhance the lights and darks of the portrait. Following the tutorial was not hard because the wording wasn't confusing and there were pictures to help explain the steps. In the end, this is how my portrait turned out!


I admit it's not as professional, but I thought It looked well done especially because I added some effects of my own. So personally, I liked how my portrait turned out in the end.

If you guys are interested in making your own portraits made entirely of text, please do visit THIS TUTORIAL and try it out. I would love to see the outcome! Good Luck!

1 comment:

Ms. Johnson said...

Great job Payal. Actually that is an assignment my graphics class will be working on next!